Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Pleasant Point School No. 267 (RM of North Cypress-Langford)

The Pleasant Point School District was established in 1884 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE13-10-14W in what is now the Rural Municipality of North Cypress-Langford. The district was dissolved in 1962 and its area became part of the Carberry Consolidated School District and later the Beautiful Plains School Division.

Among the teachers of Pleasant Point School were Herbert T. M. McKinstry (1883), Mr. J. G. Dunlop (1898), Sara Elizabeth Buchanan, and Henry Arthur Lye.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.82767, W99.23495
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Carberry East topographic map, 62G/14 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].

The Carberry Plains: 75 Years of Progress. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.C36 Car]

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 4 March 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.