A monument and plaque at Pilot Mound in the Municipality of Louise were dedicated on 3 July 1988 as part of the weekend of the United Church Centennial Celebrations. It recognizes the early settlers who arrived in the vicinity of Pilot Mound in late 1878, living in the home of James Barbour, located 200 yards east of this site.
Pilot Mound settlers’ commemorative monument (no date)
Source: Ed Grassick
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.25947, W98.88444
denoted by symbol on the map above
Early Settlers’ Cairn at Pilot Mound by Mary B. Perfect
Manitoba History, Number 17, Spring 1989
Historic Sites of Manitoba: The “Old Mound” and Bank Vault (RM of Louise)
This page was prepared by Ed Grassick and Gordon Goldsborough..
Page revised: 7 December 2019
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.