This house in the Tuxedo area of Winnipeg has had a number of prominent owners. After it was built in 1936, the first occupant was William Osler, of the noted Osler Hammond and Nanton investment firm. Others were William Palk, a lawyer with Pitblado and Hoskins, and John D. Perrin, of the family who formerly owned San Antonio Gold Mines at Bissett and the former owner of the Fort Garry Hotel.
Historical Tours in Manitoba: History and Walking Tour of Tuxedo
Memorable Manitobans: William Lawrence Palk (1912-2009)
Memorable Manitobans: John Draper “Jack” Perrin (1915-1992)
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 22 September 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.