Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre / Oseredok (184 Alexander Avenue East, Winnipeg)
The Ukrainian National Federation of Canada created Oseredok, the Ukrainian Cultural and Educational Centre, in 1944. The Centre houses a museum, archives, library and art gallery. The building, a municipally-designated historic site, is formerly known as the British and Foreign Bible Society Building. It was designed by Winnipeg architect William Bruce and built in 1912.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
British and Foreign Bible Society Building / Bible House (184 Alexander Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, December 1979.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 1 July 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.