Historic Sites of Manitoba: Odda School No. 1830 (RM of Mossey River)
The Odda School District was established in May 1916 and a wood frame schoolhouse operated at NW10-33-18W in the Rural Municipality of Mossey River. The district was dissolved in 1967 and its catchment area became part of the Winnipegosis School District and later the Duck Mountain School Division.
Among the teachers who worked at Whitemouth Lake School was Leonard Domaschuk (1951-1952).
School District Formation Files [Odda School District No. 1830], GR1688, E0027, Archives of Manitoba.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Dennis Kristjanson and Leonard Domaschuk for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 April 2015
Back to top of page