Historic Sites of Manitoba: Oak Point School No. 960 (Oak Point, RM of St. Laurent)
The Oak Point School District was established formally in August 1898 and a school building operated in Oak Point in the Rural Municipality of St. Laurent. The school closed in 1967. The former school building was used for a time as a general store and is now a private residence.
Among the other teachers of Oak Point School were Herbert D. Roehl (1957), Mrs. Vivian Jeffery (1970s), and Mrs. Francis Mosienko (1970s).
Photos & Coordinates
Annual Reports of the Manitoba Department of Education, Manitoba Legislative Library.
Canadian voter lists, Ancestry.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Lea Allary for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 October 2019
Back to top of page