Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian National Railway Station (RM of Thompson)

The Canadian National Railway station at Notre Dame de Lourdes, on the Carman Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Thompson, was built in 1921. An addition was made in 1946. After railway use ceased, the building was moved to a site southwest of Roseisle where it was used for a time by the Birch Ski Area. It has since been converted into a private residence.

Former Canadian National Railway Station at Notre Dame de Lourdes

Former Canadian National Railway Station at Notre Dame de Lourdes (April 2007)
Source: George Penner

Former Canadian National Railway Station at Notre Dame de Lourdes

Former Canadian National Railway Station at Notre Dame de Lourdes (May 2021)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.47043, W98.38250
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Railway Stations

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 21 May 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.