Built around 1918 by the Union Grain Company, a 25,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at Norgate, on the CNR Neepawa Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of McCreary, became part of Federal Grain when the companies merged in 1929. The facility was closed in 1964 and was later removed from the site.
Aerial view of the Federal grain elevator at Norgate (1956)
Source: A19918-48, Manitoba Air Photo Library
Site Location (lat/long): N50.68180, W99.46962
denoted by symbol on the map above
A19918-48 (1967), Manitoba Air Photo Library.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 2 September 2017
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!