A wooden grain elevator at Napinka, on the CPR Estevan Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of Brenda-Waskada, was built in 1927 by Manitoba Pool Elevators on behalf of a local association. Pool A and Pool B were closed in July 1984 and sold for private grain storage. Used until 2000, the elevators have sat vacant since then.
Agent / Buyer
W. D. Pritchard
W. D. Pritchard
George Edgar Levins (1913-?)
A. L. Hovey
J. K. Watts
R. R. Lamont
William E. Yeomans
The former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Napinka (August 2014)
Source: Jean McManus
The former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Napinka (July 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
The former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Napinka (July 2018)
Source: George Penner
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.32188, W100.84058
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ogilvie Grain Elevator / Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator B / Private Grain Elevator (Napinka, Municipality of Brenda-Waskada)
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 28 December 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help us keep history alive!