Historic Sites of Manitoba: Morris and District Centennial Museum (Main Street, Morris)
On the grounds of the museum are monuments commemorating Alexander Morris, the Town of Morris, and the Morris Bell Tower. The building in which the museum collections are housed was formerly the schoolhouse for Carleton School District No. 36.
Morris and District Centennial Museum (2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
The original Carleton School building (no date) by A. J. Manning
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-1, page 13.
Site Location (lat/long): N49.35069, W97.36414
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Carleton School No. 36 (RM of Morris)
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 6 August 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.