This building on Broadway in Winnipeg, originally a single storey, was built in 1948 by contractor Gerard Alphonsus Baert as office space for the architectural firm of Moody and Moore. Additions were made in 1953 and 1967, raising it to its present two-storey configuration. The firm moved out in 1984.
Manitoba Business: Moody and Moore / Duncan Rattray Peters and Searle / MMP Architects
Memorable Manitobans: Gerard Alphonsus Baert (1906-1971)
295 Broadway, Winnipeg Architecture Foundation.
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 11 March 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.