This three-storey brick block on Carlton Street in Winnipeg was built in 1928 by brothers Hannes Pétursson, Olafur Pétursson, and Rögnvaldur Pétursson at a cost of about $100,000. The 117 foot by 82 foot building contained 30 apartments in its original configuration.
Memorable Manitobans: Hannes Pétursson (1881-1961)
Memorable Manitobans: Olafur Pétursson (1879-1952)
Memorable Manitobans: Rögnvaldur Pétursson (1877-1940)
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 564/1928, City of Winnipeg Archives.
Find a Postal Code, Canada Post.
Preparation of this page was supported, in part, by the Gail Parvin Hammerquist Fund of the City of Winnipeg.
This page was prepared by George Penner, Nathan Kramer, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 13 February 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.