Historic Sites of Manitoba: Molson School No. 1520 (Molson, RM of Reynolds)
The Molson School District was established formally in February 1910 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at Molson (NW21-12-9E) in the Rural Municipality of Reynolds. The district was dissolved in 1968 and its catchment area became part of the Agassiz School Division.
Among the teachers of Molson School were Laura A. Henchliffe (1911), Catherine Madill (1911-1912), Harold E. Hrysdale (1913), Fred C. Saunderson (1914), Minnie J. Werseen (1915), Ethel L. Craig (1916), C. H. Overton (1917), R. H. Sheridan (1917-1918), Alice A. Sanford (1918-1921), Mrs. G. E. Stacey (1921-1922), Mrs. R. H. Creed (1922-1923), Daniel Windsor (1923-1925), L. F. Henchliffe (1925-1926), Eva M. Ferguson (1927-1928), Minnie Jean Gliddon (1928-1929, 1936-1937), Nettie Kozak (1930-1931), Jean Lane (1933-1936), Lillian Dott (1938-1939), Cicely Skinner (1940-1941), Catherine Mary Amanda Byrne (1941-1944), Ruth Jay Webster (1944-1945), Tina Nimrod (1945), Gerald Lloyd Marsh (1945-1947), Mary Jane Keidyk (1948-1949), Helen Kawka (1949-1950), Teddie Erwin Wolfe (1950-1952), Avedene Livingstone (1952), E. Hammerstedt (1953), Helen M. Landry (1953), Leonard Baumgartner (1953-1954), Veronica Theresa Lucko (1954-1955), Mary Evelyn Dufault (1955-1956), Freda Petterson (1956-1957), Gregory Marko (1957-1958), Michael Peter Kohut (1958-1966), and Mildred Bell (1966-1968).
Molson West topographic map, 62I/1 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Molson School No. 1520 Daily Registers, GR9480, Archives of Manitoba.
Manitoba School Records Collection, Molson School No. 1520 Daily Registers, GR0565, Archives of Manitoba.
Page revised: 17 June 2018
Back to top of page