Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minniska School No. 556 (RM of Silver Creek)
The Minniska School District was organized formally in September 1888 and a school building was subsequently erected on the southeast quarter of 28-21-27 west of the Principal Meridian in the Rural Municipality of Silver Creek. It closed in 1967. The building is no longer at the site but a sign commemorates it.
Among the teachers of Minniska School was A. E. Newton.
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 19 April 2015
Back to top of page