Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 144 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minnedosa Methodist Church / Minnedosa Masonic Temple / Minnedosa Calvary Church (52 Second Avenue SW, Minnedosa)

Link to:
Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

The Minnedosa Methodist Church building at Minnedosa was originally constructed in 1884. Major additions were added in 1905 which made it as it appears today. It was converted to a Masonic Hall in 1928, following unification of the congregation with that of the Presbyterian church. The building is presently occupied by the Calvary Church.

Clerics

Period

Cleric

1881-?

T. B. Wilson

?-1884

A. J. Barltrop

Photos & Coordinates

The former Methodist church at Minnedosa

The former Methodist church at Minnedosa (August 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N50.24661, W99.84085
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

A History of Minnedosa: 1878-1948 by Minnedosa Women’s Institute, page 16. [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5649.M57 Min]

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 16 December 2017

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2023 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.