Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 144 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Minnedosa Armoury (First Avenue SW, Minnedosa)

This one-storey brick building on First Avenue Southwest in Minnedosa was built in 1913 as the local armoury. Closed by the federal government in late 1966, the following year its operation was taken over by a committee of local residents and used as a community centre. After a new community hall was built in late 1996, the building was taken over by the Rolling River School Division for use by its Maintenance Department.

The former Minnedosa Armoury

The former Minnedosa Armoury (May 2021)
Source: George Penner

The former Minnedosa Armoury

The former Minnedosa Armoury (July 2022)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.24803, W99.83960
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Minnedosa and Her Neighbors by George Harland, Minnedosa: Murray Printing, page 41.

“Minnedosa council bids to buy ‘closed’ armoury,” Brandon Sun, 24 November 1966, page 15.

“Armoury becomes community centre,” Brandon Sun, 29 May 1968, page 7.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 12 July 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2023 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.