Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: McLaughlin Carriage Building (206-210 Princess Street, Winnipeg)

The southern part of this Winnipeg building was designed by local architect James H. Cadham and built in 1902 by Philip Burnett for the McLaughlin Motor Car Company of Oshawa, Ontario. The northern part was added in 1906. The company was sold to General Motors in 1918, which owned the building until 1942. In 2017, it became a municipally-designated historic building.

McLaughlin Carriage Building

McLaughlin Carriage Building (May 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.90155, W97.14023
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

McLaughlin Carriage Company Building (208 Princess Street), Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 2015.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 September 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.