This two-storey residence in the Rural Municipality of Morton, a municipally-designated historic site, was constructed in 1904 by mason R. G. Currie and carpenter Ellis Maguire for local farmer William John McKinney and his wife Mary Ann. The locally-manufactured concrete blocks from which it was made were used only for a brief period in the early 20th century.
McKinney House (September 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.17217, W100.13911
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Bricks and Blocks
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
McKinney House, Boissevain area, NE 31-2-20W, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 March 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.