The original owner of this house, Henry McElroy, was involved in real estate dealings in the Morden area for a number of years. During the summer of 1895, he contracted local mason W. H. Belcher to build this granite fieldstone house on a wooded lot near the banks of Dead Horse Creek. It became a municipally designated historic building in 1995.
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
McElroy House, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
We thank George Penner and Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 22 July 2023
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.