Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 144 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: McDonald House (351 Third Street SW, Minnedosa)

This two-storey brick house on Third Street in Minnedosa was built in 1903 by Thomas Maguire and registered in the name of his wife, Rachael Maguire. In 1908, they sold it to Alastair and Charles McDonald, and the house remained in the McDonald family for 95 years. Alastair, a carpenter and stonemason, dug out the basement by hand.

McDonald House

McDonald House (February 2020)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.24598, W99.85107
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Stones of Memory: A Tour of Minnedosa’s Historic Stone Buildings.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Anne Brazeau.

Page revised: 18 August 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2023 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.