Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian National Railway Station (Badger, RM of Piney)

In 1909, the Canadian National Railway built a fourth-class station at Marchand in the Sprague Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of La Broquerie. The building was subsequently moved to Badger in the Rural Municipality of Piney where it is used as a private cottage.

Former Canadian National Railway station from Marchand

Former Canadian National Railway station from Marchand (July 1974) by Hilt Friesen
Source: S. J. McKee Archives, Hilt Friesen Collection, HF0013

The former Canadian National Railway station from Marchand at Badger

The former Canadian National Railway station from Marchand at Badger (April 1998)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.19161, W95.95818
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Railway Stations

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 1 July 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.