This three-storey brick and stone building at the southeast corner of Kennedy Street at Cumberland Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by architect Victor William Horwood and constructed in 1910 by owner William Moxam at a cost of about $80,000. The 121 foot by 77 foot structure contained 35 residential apartments.
Memorable Manitobans: Victor William Horwood (1878-1939)
Memorable Manitobans: William Moxam (1882-1950)
“New apartment block,” Winnipeg Tribune, 5 April 1910, page 7.
City of Winnipeg Building Permit 518/1910, City of Winnipeg Archives.
This page was prepared by George Penner, Nathan Kramer, and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 December 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.