This church in MacGregor, in the Municipality of North Norfolk, was built in 1959 to replace an earlier church located at the same site. The congregation was the first Union church in Manitoba, having resulted from the 1913 merger of two churches: St. Cuthbert's Presbyterian Church (established in 1882) and MacGregor Methodist Church (established in 1890).
Among the clerics who served as MacGregor United were Thomas Burridge Pearson and James L. Fargey (?-1961).
Historic Sites of Manitoba: MacGregor War Memorial (Hampton Street, MacGregor, Municipality of North Norfolk)
Through Fields and Dreams: A History of the R.M. of North Norfolk and MacGregor, Volume 2, 1998, pages 1090-1096.
This page was prepared by George Penner.
Page revised: 7 December 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.