Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 142 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Canadian Pacific Railway Station (Municipality of Deloraine-Winchester)

This former Canadian Pacific Railway Type 9 Station was built at Lyleton, in the Rural Municipality of Edward, in 1900. Moved to this site near Lake Metigoshe, where it is used a residence, the Lyleton sign still appears on the building. The freight section has been separated from the station and is used as a detached garage.

The former Canadian Pacific Railway station from Lyleton

The former Canadian Pacific Railway station from Lyleton (July 2019)
Source: George Penner

The former Canadian Pacific Railway station from Lyleton

The former Canadian Pacific Railway station from Lyleton (July 2019)
Source: George Penner

The former Canadian Pacific Railway freight section from Lyleton

The former Canadian Pacific Railway freight section from Lyleton (July 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.00388, W100.37198
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Railway Stations

Sources:

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 30 May 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2021 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.