Historic Sites of Manitoba: Lonely Lake School No. 1817 (RM of Alonsa)
The Lonely Lake School District was established in March 1916 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at NE25-25-13W in the Rural Municipality of Alonsa. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Turtle River School Division.
Among the teachers of Lonely Lake School was Metta Thorkelson Johnson (1942-1943).
Valpoy East topographic map, 62O/3 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2015
Back to top of page