Historic Sites of Manitoba: Langley School No. 2082 (Municipality of North Cypress-Langford)
The Langley School District was established in August 1921, named for local resident W. B. Langley, and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE4-10-13W in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford. The original building was replaced in 1956. The district was dissolved in 1968 and its area became part of the Beautiful Plains School Division.
Among the teachers of Langley School were Beryl Margueritte McIntosh (1930-1931), May Esther Dempsey (1931-1932), Edna May McIntosh (1932-1935), Hannah Margaret Robinson (1935-1937), Leonard Gluska (1961-1962), Lydia Wiebe (1962), Muriel Alton (1963-1964), and Eva Moffat (1964-1965).
Carberry East topographic map, 62G/14 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Arizona, 1881-1982 [Manitoba Legislative Library, F5648.A77 Ari]
Departmentally appointed school trustee files (E 0034), Langley School District No. 2082 - Daily Registers, GR1629, Archives of Manitoba.
We thank Nathan Kramer for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 24 May 2021