Manitoba Heritage Summit 2022

MHS Smarty Party: 20 October 2022

Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Landry Store (432 Main Street, St. Adolphe, RM of Ritchot)

This two-storey wood frame in St. Adolphe was built in 1914 by the Landry family, who operated a general store in it for many years. In the 1940s, the building housed a Co-op store. In 1962, it was purchased by Maurice and Maria Fifi, at which point it was known as the Magasin General. Maria served as the local postmistress until 1978 when they sold the property. In the 1990s, it was used as a youth centre. It was converted to a private residence around 2005.

Landry Store

Landry Store (April 2020)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.56681, W96.22391
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Obituary [Maria Fifi], Winnipeg Free Press, 11 April 2007.

We thank Lesley Gaudry for providing information used here.

This page was prepared by S. Goldsborough and George Penner.

Page revised: 16 June 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.