This elegant two-storey building on Broadway was designed in 1904 by local architect John Hamilton Gordon Russell and built for wholesale grocery merchant Robert Richey Wilson. Wilson and his family lived here until 1925 when they moved to a newly built home at 680 Wellington Crescent. The building is a municipally-designated historic site.
Memorable Manitobans: John Hamilton Gordon Russell (1863-1946)
Memorable Manitobans: Robert Richey Wilson (1856-1937)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
The Wilson House / Klinic (545 Broadway), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, May 1990.
We thank George Penner for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 3 June 2022
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.