Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Erskine Presbyterian Church (Williams Avenue, Killarney, RM of Killarney-Turtle Mountain)

This former church on Williams Avenue in Killarney, in the Rural Municipality of Killarney-Turtle Mountain, was built in 1949 as the Erskine Presbyterian Church to replace an old stone church built in 1898. Closed in the 1970s, the building was used by Lutherans for a while in the 1990s. It was demolished in 2021.

Erskine Presbyterian Church

Erskine Presbyterian Church (July 2019)
Source: George Penner

Erskine Presbyterian Church

Erskine Presbyterian Church (July 2019)
Source: George Penner

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.17907, W99.66802
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by George Penner.

Page revised: 9 October 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.