Historic Sites of Manitoba: Manitoba Pool Grain Elevator (Kenton, RM of Wallace-Woodworth)
A wooden grain elevator at Kenton, on the CPR Lenore Subdivision in what is now the RM of Wallace-Woodworth, was built in 1968 by Manitoba Pool Elevators. It was designed “Pool C” to distinguish it from two older elevators (“Pool B” stood beside it) that had been purchased in 1960 from Ogilvie Flour Mills. The two older elevators were demolished in 1977 and, on 18 July 1980, this elevator was closed due to abandonment of its rail line. Used for a time as a grain cleaning plant for local farmers, in 1987 the elevator was moved beside a concrete elevator at Quadra but has since been demolished.
Agents / Buyers (Pool C)
Photos & Coordinates
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
Cradle to Combine, Volume 2: Kenton, 1881-1981 by Kenton Historical Book Club, 1981, pages 97-100, 274.
We thank Shelley Johnston-Frith for providing additional information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 10 October 2022