Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Kemnay Presbyterian Church / Kemnay United Church Monument (Kemnay, RM of Whitehead)

A monument at Kemnay in the Rural Municipality of Whitehead was dedicated to the Presbyterians who established a church at this site in 1892. The building was later used by local Methodists and Anglicans before becoming a United Church in 1925.

Among the clerics who served at this church was Herbert Thomas Reynolds (1925-1930).

Kemnay United Church commemorative monument

Kemnay United Church commemorative monument (July 2012)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84279, W100.13272
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

We thank Katherine Macedo for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 30 May 2020

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.