Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Julius School No. 1943 (RM of Reynolds)

The Julius School District was organized formally in October 1918 and a one-room, wood frame schoolhouse operated at 18-12-10E in the Rural Municipality of Reynolds. The district was dissolved in 1968 and its catchment area became part of the Agassiz School Division.

Julius School and attached teacherage

Julius School and attached teacherage (no date) by J. H. Plewes
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 64.

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.01332, W96.21247
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Molson West topographic map, 62I/1 West, Edition 2, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 4 April 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.