Historic Sites of Manitoba: United Grain Growers Grain Elevator (Indian Springs, Swan Lake First Nation)
A 55,000-bushel grain elevator and balloon annex at the railway siding of Indian Springs, on the CNR Carman Subdivision in the Rural Municipality of Lorne (now part of the Swan Lake First Nation), was built by United Grain Growers in 1951, replacing an earlier elevator at the site constructed around 1916. The facility closed on 5 December 1975 and was demolished during the summer of 1976.
Agents / Buyers
Photos & Coordinates
Grain Elevators in Canada, compiled by Board of Grain Commissioners for Canada, Winnipeg, 1912-1930, 1930-1953, 1953-1998 [Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries], 1998-2016 [Canadian Grain Commission].
Memories of Lorne, 1880-1980: A History of the Municipality of Lorne, c1980, page 275.
“Funeral service held for Timothee Simon Conrad,” Baldur Gazette-News, 18 January 1994, page 6.
Obituary [Everett Silas Harris], Winnipeg Free Press, 2 July 1985, page 39.
Obituaries and burial transcriptions, Manitoba Genealogical Society.
We thank Denis Conrad for providing additional information used here.
Page revised: 30 March 2021