Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hudson House (RM of Springfield)

Edward Hudson (1839-1912) came to Manitoba in 1874 and took up a homestead in the Plympton district of the Rural Municipality of Springfield. After a temporary return to Ontario, he built a log house in 1878. It was replaced by the present two-storey structure, featuring a distinctive Mansard roof, in 1893. The building is still occupied by his descendants.

Hudson House

Hudson House (June 2019)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.84194, W96.86310
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Springfield: First Rural Municipality in Manitoba, 1873-1973 by Dugald Women’s Institute, 1974, pages 332-342.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 December 2019

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.