Agents / Buyers | Photos & Coordinates | Sources
A 30,000-bushel wooden grain elevator at the Hubbell Siding of the CNR Miami Subdivision, in the Municipality of Lorne, was built in 1938 by the Canada West Grain Company. Sold to United Grain Growers in July 1948, a crib annex was built beside it in 1953, increasing its total capacity to 60,000 bushels. It was closed on 31 July 1971 and demolished later that year.
Agent / Buyer
A. P. Pittet
A. J. Delaquis
The former grain elevator at Hubbell Siding (1964)
Source: Agricore United Engineering Department, Tom Price (Mgr), provided by Glenn Dickson (University of Manitoba Archives & Special Collections)
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.39867, W98.59110
denoted by symbol on the map above
Somerset East topographic map, 62G/7 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
Memories of Lorne, 1880-1980: A History of the Municipality of Lorne, c1980, page 275.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough and Glenn Dickson.
Page revised: 10 January 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!