Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop

Endangered Top 10
LG History
Awards
2020

Fundraising Dinner 2020
MHS
Fundraising
Dinner
2020

Endangered Top 10
Endangered
Top 10
2019

Jens Munk at Churchill
Field Trip:
Churchill
2020

Manitoba History No. 90
Manitoba
History

No. 90

Memorable Manitobans of 2019
Memorable
Manitobans
of 2019

War Memorials in Manitoba
War
Memorials
in Manitoba

This Old Elevator
This Old
Elevator

Abandoned Manitoba
Abandoned
Manitoba

Memorable Manitobans
Memorable
Manitobans

Historic Sites of Manitoba
Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church (Oakburn, RM of Yellowhead)

Link to:
Clerics | Photos & Coordinates | Sources

The Ukrainian Catholic church at Oakburn, in the Rural Municipality of Yellowhead, was built between 1943 and 1954 according to architectural specifications of Rev. Philip Ruh, with artwork completed by Theodore Baran in 1952-1953. It replaced a structure from 1933 that was moved to Menzie in 1947.

Clerics

Period

Cleric

1917

Rev. P. Kameneckyj

1917

Rev. A. Krajkivskyj

1920

Rev. P. Oleksiw

1921

Rev. Dr. A. Radkewycz

1922

Rev. P. Oleksiw

1923

Rev. V. Strilciw

1923-1929

Bishop Nykyta Budka

1929

Rev. M. Ircha
Rev. M. Krywucky

1931

Rev. M. Pasichnyk

1934

Rev. M. Hryhorijchuk

1937

Rev. P. Suljatyckyj

1938

Rev. K. Zarsky

1940-1943

Rev. K. Lotocki

1943-1947

Rev. M. Shwed

1948-1953

Rev. J. Fornalchuk

1953-1963

Rev. P. Romanyshyn

1953-1965

Rev. R. Zakrewsky

1966-1982

Rev. S. Borys

1983

Rev. R. Muzychka

1983

Rev. A. Vateha

1988

Rev. J. Radkewycz

Photos & Maps

Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church at Oakburn

Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church at Oakburn (August 2015)
Source: George Penner

Interior of the Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church at Oakburn

Interior of the Holy Eucharist Ukrainian Catholic Church at Oakburn (October 2017)
Source: George Penner

Site Location (lat/long): N50.56356, W100.57694
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ukrainian Catholic Church of the Sacred Heart (Menzie, RM of Yellowhead)

Sources:

Ukrainian Catholic Churches of Winnipeg Archeparchy by Anna Maria Kowcz-Baran, Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, 1991.

This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 6 December 2018

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.