This 1½-storey residence on Eveline Street in Selkirk was built prior to 1894 for local businessman F. E. Holloway. The building is topped by a hipped roof with dormers. The original chimney is on the south side. In 1920, a municipal assessor noted a barn and henhouse were also present.
Holloway House (June 2020)
Source: Oksana Preachuk
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.13629, W96.87904
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historical Tour: Selkirk, Manitoba by Wendy G. Smulan
Manitoba History, Number 34, Autumn 1997
We thank Oksana Preachuk and Jaydi Overwater (City of Selkirk, Culture Recreation & Green Transportation Department) for providing information used here.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 27 August 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.