Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hirsh House (143 Polson Avenue, Winnipeg)

This two-storey wood frame house on Polson Avenue in Winnipeg was designed by local architect Max Zev Blankstein and built in 1909 by owner/contractor Harry Hirsh who rented it out. In 1911, it was occupied by lawyer Solomon Hart Green.

Caption

Hirsh House (December 2022)
Source: Jordan Makichuk

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.92497, W97.12130
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: Max Zev Blankstein (1874-1931)

Memorable Manitobans: Harry Hirsh [Hirsch] (1880-?)

Memorable Manitobans: Solomon Hart Green (1885-1969)

Sources:

Henderson’s Winnipeg and Brandon Directories, Peel’s Prairie Provinces, University of Alberta Libraries.

Property Details, Winnipeg Assessment and Taxation.

This page was prepared by Jordan Makichuk and Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 15 April 2023

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep history alive!