Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hillview United Church (RM of Pipestone)

A monument at this site in the Rural Municipality of Pipestone commemorates the Hillview United Church, which operated here from 1912 to 1969, on land donated by farmer William Watt and his wife Annabelle Milliken Watt (parents of James D. Watt). After the church closed in 1969, the building was demolished.

Hillview United Church

Hillview United Church (October 1956)
Source: Archives of Manitoba, George Harris Fonds, Acc. 1979-141, P7447, Album 3, Page 57.

Hillview United Church commemorative monument

Hillview United Church commemorative monument (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.65096, W101.11897
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

“Reston resident reaches 90,” Winnipeg Free Press, 15 February 1974, page 26.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 8 February 2021

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.