Historic Sites of Manitoba: Hartfield School No. 1516 (RM of Eriksdale)
The Hartfield School District was established in December 1909 and a one-room schoolhouse operated at SE1-22-6W in the Rural Municipality of Eriksdale. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Lakeshore School Division. Only the concrete foundation of the former school building remained at the time of a 2014 site visit.
Among the teachers of Hartfield School was Viola Smith (1951).
Eriksdale East topographic map, 62J/16 East, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
Manitoba Permit Teachers of World War II, compiled by Louisa Loeb, Winnipeg: Hyperion Press Ltd., 2007.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 August 2015
Back to top of page