This house in the Tuxedo area of Winnipeg was built by Sparrow Brothers in 1927 for its first owner, Campbell J. Harstone, who lived here until 1941. The second owner, George E. Cathcart, died in 1945 after being attacked by a swarm of bees.
Historical Tours in Manitoba: History and Walking Tour of Tuxedo
Memorable Manitobans: George Ernest Cathcart (1876-1945)
Memorable Manitobans: Frank Allen Sparrow (1878-1967)
This page was prepared by George Penner and Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 23 September 2018
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.