A wooden grain elevator at the railway siding of Gregg, on the CNR Cabot Subdivision in what is now the Municipality of North Cypress-Langford, was built in 1931 by the Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society. A crib annex on its east side dates from 1955 and two steel tanks were added in 1991. Sold in 1973 to Manitoba Pool Elevators, its closure on 31 October 2000 coincided with the merger of Agricore and United Grain Growers, although the Pool logo remains on its west side. It is used for private grain storage.
Agent / Buyer
W. Harvey Jackson
Former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Gregg (September 2014)
Source: Jean McManus
Former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Gregg (July 2017)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Former Manitoba Pool grain elevator at Gregg (June 2020)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.97912, W99.30189
denoted by symbol on the map above
Manitoba Pool Fonds, S. J. McKee Archives, Brandon University.
“Another closure,” Glenboro Gazette, 24 October 2000, page 2.
Page revised: 1 September 2020
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!