Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grain Exchange Building (167 Lombard Avenue, Winnipeg)
Organized in 1887 as the Winnipeg Grain and Produce Exchange, first situated in the basement of the Winnipeg City Hall and later in a building on Princess Street, the Winnipeg Grain Exchange quickly outgrew its facilities. In 1906-07, a new seven-storey office building, designed by the Toronto architectural firm of Darling and Pearson, was constructed at the northeast corner of Lombard Street and Rorie Avenue, in downtown Winnipeg. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Grain Exchange Building (2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.89621, W97.13710
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grain Exchange Building (156-160 Princess Street, Winnipeg)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Manitoba Organization: Winnipeg Grain Exchange
The Grain Exchange Building (167 Lombard Avenue), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, September 1992.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 May 2015
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.