Historic Sites of Manitoba: Grahamdale School No. 1681 (Grahamdale, RM of Grahamdale)
The Grahamdale School District was established formally in June 1913 and a schoolhouse operated in the village of Grahamdale (about SW15-28-8W) in what would later become the Rural Municipality of Grahamdale. In 1967, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Lakeshore School Division.
Grahamdale School (no date) by J. H. Plewes
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-3, page 16.
The former Grahamdale School building, now a community centre (June 2016)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N51.39698, W98.50393
denoted by symbol on the map above
Steep Rock topographic map, 62O/7, Edition 1, Series A743 [Archives of Manitoba].
One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 17 April 2017
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.