Historic Sites of Manitoba: Glines House / Tremblay Apartments (55 Hargrave Street, Winnipeg)
Built in 1906 for businessman George A. Glines, this 2½-storey structure was one of the last single-family mansions built in the former Hudson’s Bay Company Reserve, a tract of land west of the Red River given to the company when it relinquished control of Rupert’s Land. The building was designed by Scottish immigrants Alexander D. Melville and William N. Melville. It is a municipally-designated historic site.
Glines House / Tremblay Apartments (June 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N49.88595, W97.14053
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites
Glines House / Tremblay Apartments (55 Hargrave Street), City of Winnipeg Historical Buildings Committee, July 1989.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 25 October 2013
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.