This museum in Gladstone was formerly a station building for the Canadian National Railway, built between 1901 and 1902. The building had a furnished dining room in 1903 that fed the passengers as there were no dining cars on the train in the early years.
Former Canadian National Railway station at Gladstone (July 2005)
Source: George Penner
Former Canadian National Railway station at Gladstone (September 2010)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Former Canadian National Railway station at Gladstone (April 2021)
Source: Rose Kuzina
Site Coordinates (lat/long): N50.23046, W98.95387
denoted by symbol on the map above
Historic Sites of Manitoba: W. L. Morton Memorial Plaque (Gladstone, Municipality of WestLake-Gladstone)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Railway Stations
Historical Buildings of Gladstone: Self-Guided Tour, 2007.
Page revised: 6 August 2021
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society. The information is offered for historical interest only.
Inclusion in this collection does not confer special status or protection. Official heritage designation may only come from municipal, provincial, or federal governments. Some sites are on private property and permission to visit must be secured from the owner.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.
Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at email@example.com.
Help us keep history alive!