Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 143 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Fowler House (Baldur, RM of Argyle)

This two-storey brick house in Baldur, in the Rural Municipality of Argyle, was constructed in 1897 for one of Baldur’s leading citizens, William Oliver Fowler. He owned the local grain elevator and served as the community’s postmaster. The building is a municipally-designed historic site (2000).

Fowler House

Fowler House (October 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Fowler House

Fowler House (April 2019)
Source: Rose Kuzina

Site Coordinates (lat/long): N49.38502, W99.24593
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Memorable Manitobans: William Oliver Fowler (1839-1908)

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Municipally Designated Historic Sites

Sources:

Fowler House, 111 Elizabeth Avenue East, Baldur, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.

We thank Rose Kuzina for providing additional information used here.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 24 January 2022

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Send corrections and additions to this page
to the MHS Webmaster at webmaster@mhs.mb.ca.

Search Tips | Suggest an Historic Site | FAQ

Help us keep
history alive!

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations

© 1998-2022 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.