Historic Sites of Manitoba: Firth House / Hay House (546 River Road, RM of St. Andrews)
This private residence in the Rural Municipality of St. Andrews, now a provincially-designated historic site, was constructed in 1861 by retired Hudson’s Bay Company labourer Thomas Firth (c1796-1875). It was purchased in 1911 by businessman and politician E. H. G. G. Hay.
Firth House (July 2015)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough
Site Location (lat/long): N50.07652, W96.95105
denoted by symbol on the map above
Memorable Manitobans: Edward Henry George Gunter Hay (1840-1918)
Historic Sites of Manitoba: Provincially Designated Historic Sites
Firth House (Former E. H. G.G. Hay House) 546 River Road, R.M. of St. Andrews, Manitoba Historic Resources Branch.
This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.
Page revised: 7 October 2016
Back to top of page
Historic Sites of Manitoba
This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.
SEARCH the collection
Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other
Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.
Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.