Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 139 years

 

Pay & Donate in the MHS Online Shop


Manitoba
History

No. 87


War
Memorials
in Manitoba


This Old
Elevator


Abandoned
Manitoba


Memorable
Manitobans


Historic Sites
of Manitoba

Historic Sites of Manitoba: Ferguson Building (275 Stephen Street, Morden)

In 1910, Albert E. Ferguson built this cast concrete-block building, on Morden’s Stephen Street, as a blacksmith shop. He continued blacksmithing here until the early 1940s. After the Second World War, the building housed a restaurant operated by Tom and Allan Clarke. Around 1958, it was successively a Chinese restaurant, shoe store, and children’s wear store. It became a flower and craft shop in 1987 and the present (2011) occupant, Posers Gallery, opened in August 2009.

Ferguson Building (September 2011)
Source: Gordon Goldsborough

Site Location (lat/long): N49.18996, W98.09986
denoted by symbol on the map above

See also:

Manitoba Bricks and Blocks

Sources:

275 Stephen Street, Town of Morden.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 23 June 2012

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

Back to top of page

   


To report an error on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2018 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.