Manitoba Historical Society
     Keeping history alive for over 141 years


Historic Sites of Manitoba: Faure School No. 900 (St. Lupicin, RM of Lorne)

The Faure School District was established in May 1897 and a one-room schoolhouse operated in the village of St. Lupicin in the Rural Municipality of Lorne. In 1963, the district was dissolved and its area became part of the Notre Dame de Lourdes Consolidated School District and later the Mountain School Division.

Faure School

Faure School (no date) by G. H. Robertson
Source: Archives of Manitoba, School Inspectors Photographs,
GR8461, A0233, C131-2, page 19.

Site Location (lat/long): N49.45817, W98.47764
denoted by symbol on the map above

Sources:

Miami West topographic map, 62G/8 West, Edition 1, Series A743 [UFS Reference Collection].

One Hundred Years in the History of the Rural Schools of Manitoba: Their Formation, Reorganization and Dissolution (1871-1971) by Mary B. Perfect, MEd thesis, University of Manitoba, April 1978.

This page was prepared by Gordon Goldsborough.

Page revised: 1 April 2014

Historic Sites of Manitoba

This is a collection of historic sites in Manitoba compiled by the Manitoba Historical Society.

Browse lists of:
Museums/Archives | Buildings | Monuments | Cemeteries | Locations | Other

Please note that inclusion in this collection does not mean that a particular site has special status or protection. Some sites are on private property and permission must be secured from the owner prior to visiting.

Site information is provided by the Manitoba Historical Society as a free public service only for non-commercial purposes.


Search Tips | Suggest a Site | FAQ | Acknowledgements

Send inquiries to the MHS Webmaster.

MHS YouTube Channel

Back to top of page

For queries on the above page, please contact the MHS Webmaster.

Home  |  Terms & Conditions  |  FAQ  |  Contact Us  |  Privacy Policy  |  Donations Policy

© 1998-2020 Manitoba Historical Society. All rights reserved.